Centres of Excellence
Centre of Excellence status is our flagship organisational accreditation for organisations who promote and deliver enterprise skills development. Centres of Excellence recognise the importance of creating and sustaining an enterprising and entrepreneurial culture.
By benchmarking and assessing your organisation against key criteria you will demonstrate your commitment to enterprise in the UK to both potential students and funders.Request a callback
Become a Centre of Excellence
Becoming an IOEE Centre of Excellence places you at the forefront of the enterprise learning landscape. We’re looking for the ‘best of the best’ in terms of enterprising organisations.
As a Centre of Excellence you will:
- Encourage the development of an enterprise and entrepreneurial culture for your staff and learners;
- Recognise and adopt leading edge practice in the areas of enterprise and enterprise support development; and
- Support continuous development, improvement and growth through the promotion of enterprising and entrepreneurial thinking and practice.
Our Centres of Excellence are the vanguard of our work to increase the development of enterprise skills. Achieving Centre of Excellence status will create long lasting value for your organisation whether that is for your current employees and their enterprise development, attracting high-quality students and learners or winning business.
Excellence in Action
Centres of Excellence are recognised as key stakeholders in our efforts to establish enterprise at the heart of learning culture worldwide. As a Centre of Excellence your organisation will benefit from:
- being seen as a leading edge, global organisation;
- promotion and recognition by IOEE and its partners;
- being able to demonstrate and publicise your achievement;
- the added credibility of benchmarking your organisation against international standards;
- being able to review and continuously improve your approach to enterprise;
- having access to best practice research and standards covering enterprise and enterprise support;
- demonstrating your commitment to developing an enterprise and entrepreneurial culture to your stakeholders;
- the opportunity to publish research papers/reports within the IOEE;
- providing your staff, students and learners with access to IOEE membership;
- access to international awards and qualifications;
- assistance in developing enterprise and entrepreneurial-led curriculum and learning programmes; and
- access to a range of events and funding opportunities.
Centres of Excellence are also able to deliver IOEE programmes and qualifications (in the same way as our academies can – subject to our delivery criteria).
To start the process of becoming an IOEE Centre of Excellence, or simply to find out more, please complete the form below and one of our team will be in touch. If you'd just prefer to drop us a line, use our contact form.
Thinking of applying for Centre of Excellence status? Get started by reviewing our application guidance.
This includes the criteria your organisation will be assessed against and examples of evidence required.
Welcome Back to the University of Worcester!
Welcome back to the University of Worcester, who have recently successful reapproved as an IOEE Centre of Excellence! We spoke to Dr Karen Bill who currently works in the Marketing and Enterprise Department in the Business School at the University and has an extensive background in enterprise and entrepreneurship and recognised nationally for her contribution…
Hand, Head and Heart — holistic thinking, doing & feeling in undergraduate enterprises courses at Manchester Metropolitan University
The author Dr Rita G. Klapper is Reader in Enterprise and Sustainability at Manchester Met and is part of the University’s IOEE Centre of Excellence. Rita uses innovative pedagogy and elements from yoga such as mindfulness in her course creations. Enterprise & entrepreneurship education have long found its way into our Higher Education curricula, and…
ON YOUR MARKS, GET SET... GROW!
IOEE Centre of Excellence Manchester Metropolitan University has recently launched GROW! Grow is a place like no other at Manchester Met. It’s a space to eat, an environment to learn, a platform to create… it’s a place to grow. GROW is the result of a pioneering collaboration between sustainability and wellbeing champions MetMUnch and the…
Join us as an academy
Find out more
Request a callback